Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum
"Boys should be treated more like girls" - Printable Version

+- Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum (https://petticoated.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Petticoating and Related Disciplines (https://petticoated.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Petticoating and Feminization (https://petticoated.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: "Boys should be treated more like girls" (/showthread.php?tid=126)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - RadicalFeminist - 07-30-2016

(07-30-2016, 05:02 PM)Ali Wrote: I always felt girls were at a disadvantage to boys, having to wear skirts to school while boys wore trousers.

First of all it meant that boys could lift up the girls' skirts to reveal their underwear. It somehow seemed acceptable (although it obviously isn't), whereas if a girl had tugged down a boy's trousers there would have been uproar.

Secondly, girls had to play different games to boys at playtime - they couldn't climb trees or engage in other rough and tumble, again for fear of revealing their knickers.

If boys had had to wear skirts too, especially with panties underneath, it would have evened things up and been much fairer.

Personally, as a boy who wasn't particularly tough at school, I would have much preferred to wear a skirt.

And not just that time when some of the school bullies took me into the gym changing room and stole my trousers, before handing me a gym skirt to put on.

I would take things one step further, require the boys to wear skirts (call them kilts) and give girls the choice of skirts or pants, doll time, ballet and tea parties should be introduced instead of gym classes and recesses.

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - Daniella70 - 01-15-2018

(07-18-2016, 05:22 PM)melodie Wrote: Boys shopuld be treated the same as girls.  I believe when a boy comes home from school he should be dressed in a dress or skirt outfit until he completes his assigned homework and household chores.  When I was a boy I did my chores in a dress and did the same for my homework.  Before I could change mom would always double check my work.  It helped my grades immensely.  During the winter months I just stayed dressed as a girl.  If I had to go out mom would have me put on a pair of ribbed tights.
Tights are also for boys, baby boys wear them so should older boys.

Dear Melodie.
So you wore a dress or a skirt.
But did you have to keep your school shirt and tie ?

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - Conway - 01-17-2018

Schooling is inherently female in its construct and objectives, so treating boys like girls (or perhaps more accurately, compelling boys to become feminine) makes perfect sense. They will behave better, act more maturely, create fewer problems, provide fewer disruptions, and in the end, develop better study habits and communicate better.

When my parents weren't around, I always enjoyed slipping out of my uniform and drab boys' clothing and putting on my mother's or sister's loungewear and lingerie. It relaxed me and made me concentrate better on my homework. I felt more disciplined and more eager to achieve. It worked for me.

I wish I had the option of wearing a girl's uniform and being with the girls instead of with the boys, who were so often bullies and very badly behaved. I suspect many other boys feel the same way.

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - Mugin - 01-18-2018

(07-19-2016, 01:35 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: Good Article, thanks for sharing we need more articles like this to prompt our feminist agenda. The next step is convincing schools to adopt a new uniform. If boys were required to wear cute little pleated skirts and blouses to school they be more focus on their studies instead of getting into trouble. Things are changing and articles like this are a good step to push things along.

RF

I agree, Madam. If boys were required to wear cute little pleated skirts, blouses and cute strappy sandals to school they would surely focus far more on their studies and would not get into trouble, Madam. 

*curtsey*

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - Girlygirl - 02-21-2020

(07-18-2016, 05:22 PM)melodie Wrote: Boys shopuld be treated the same as girls.  I believe when a boy comes home from school he should be dressed in a dress or skirt outfit until he completes his assigned homework and household chores.  When I was a boy I did my chores in a dress and did the same for my homework.  Before I could change mom would always double check my work.  It helped my grades immensely.  During the winter months I just stayed dressed as a girl.  If I had to go out mom would have me put on a pair of ribbed tights.
Tights are also for boys, baby boys wear them so should older boys.
In the early part of my high school education this is exactly what happened; I used to have to go to friend, Gabrielle’s house to do my homework as my mum finished work much later than I finished school. 

Gabrielle’s mum was a proponent of staying in uniform until homework was finished but also of gender equality. The thrust of this was that Gabrielle would have to do her homework wearing my shirt and trousers and I wearing her pleated skirt, knee socks and blouse.

If we got finished we could change back but if not I had to go home in Gabrielle’s uniform with a pair of her underwear. When this happened I would be in effect petticoated in Gabrielle’s uniform, full makeup and the underwear I had borrowed to make my way back to Gabrielle’s house.

We would then have half an hour to finish the remainder of the homework; in the event we failed (which happened around a half dozen times), I had to go to school dressed as Gabrielle complete with underwear and makeup. The worst bit was that all the girls wore trousers so I would have been the only one wearing a skirt even as a girl (let alone a boy.)

This meant a whole day having to control the hem of my skirt so as not to show off my knickers. As added humiliation, If it was PE day, I would have to wear Gabrielle’s PE skirt (again, all the other girls chose the shorts option) and would very often be forced into skipping rope at break, meaning I inevitably flashed my knickers to all and sundry at that stage, anyway.

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - Saz - 02-22-2020

(07-19-2016, 06:50 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: My ideally school would include all boys between age 4 to 15. Skirted uniforms would be required, along with ballet classes and doll time replacing gym classes and recess. Girls would be given the choose to wear pants or skirts, play sports or ballet. IMHO it would not be long until only the boys are wearing skirts and taking ballet, all the girls will be playing sports and wearing the pants.

RF

I think a lot of boys would enjoy ballet and wearing skirts to school it's just present day 'peer pressure' that prevents them.

Great article but it does just say what we've all been saying all along, to give boys a chance they need to be treated as Girls and Girls need to be allowed to express their inner strength

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - But_Mom_I'm_A_Boy - 02-23-2020

To force a boy to wear something he doesn't want to wear such as a skirt or dress, is nothing but child abuse and I for one would think nothing of reporting anyone to the authorities about it.

Such a thing should be left to fantasists.

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - Algoriano1 - 02-23-2020

I don't know what your childhood was like, but many of us were "forced" in one way or another to wear skirts during our childhood.
 That I was internally delighted that they will force me to wear skirts, does not mean that "they believed" that they were forcing me to wear skirts.
 Consequently, it was good for me to be forced to wear skirts.
 An affectionate kiss

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - But_Mom_I'm_A_Boy - 02-23-2020

I had a normal healthy childhood and was brought up by two loving parents who were firm but fair. I was very rarely spanked for something I shouldn't have done like the time I upset a can of paint while maneuvering my bike in what we called the wash-house. They brought me up to be polite and well mannered, I always say please when I want something, thank you when I receive it and You're welcome if someone thanks me. 

My parents respected my privacy and always knocked on my bedroom door before entering.  They trusted me implicitly, especially when me and my girlfriend were up there.  

What I cannot understand is you say:

Quote:...but many of us were "forced" in one way or another to wear skirts during our childhood...

What was the reaction of the neighbors when they saw you in a skirt. Did they ever berate your parents or whoever "made" you wear a skirt. The residencies either side of where I lived were occupied by two police officers and if anything like a boy being made to do anything and I just don't mean being forced to wear a dress would have seen their parents incarcerated.

Quote:...I was internally delighted that they will force me to wear skirts, does not mean that "they believed" that they were forcing me to wear skirts.

So unbeknownst to those who "made" you wear a skirt, do I take it you had a secret desire to wear one? If you hadn't this desire and had rebelled against it would they have continued, if they had then it would have constituted abuse. If you had such a desire to wear a skirt then why did you not tell your mom about it and ask her to buy you one. 

A very strange thing happened when I was 13. It happened on Mother's Day after supper when Mom and I were washing the dishes. I washed while she dried; quite out of the blue she said, "I think I'll get you some shorts for summer." I just stood there stunned with my hands in hot water. I couldn't say anything I was speechless. Did she mean it or was she kidding. It preyed on my mind for the rest of the evening and the next day for that matter. In my heart of hearts I wanted her to actually buy me a pair.

On the Tuesday while out on my bike I decided to ask her if she meant what she said about getting me some shorts.  So while we were doing the dishes, I asked her. She told me not to be silly as she was joking. I in turn said if she wanted to get me some shorts then I wouldn't have minded. She said shorts were meant to be worn by little boys and me nearing six feet even at 13, I would have looked ridiculous in them. I did get to wear shorts when I served as second mate on an oil tanker. Sailing through the Persian Gulf can be unbearably hot in summer.

RE: "Boys should be treated more like girls" - Girlygirl - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 03:42 PM)But_Mom_I Wrote: I had a normal healthy childhood and was brought up by two loving parents who were firm but fair. I was very rarely spanked for something I shouldn't have done like the time I upset a can of paint while maneuvering my bike in what we called the wash-house. They brought me up to be polite and well mannered, I always say please when I want something, thank you when I receive it and You're welcome if someone thanks me. 

My parents respected my privacy and always knocked on my bedroom door before entering.  They trusted me implicitly, especially when me and my girlfriend were up there.  

What I cannot understand is you say:

Quote:...but many of us were "forced" in one way or another to wear skirts during our childhood...

What was the reaction of the neighbors when they saw you in a skirt. Did they ever berate your parents or whoever "made" you wear a skirt. The residencies either side of where I lived were occupied by two police officers and if anything like a boy being made to do anything and I just don't mean being forced to wear a dress would have seen their parents incarcerated.

Quote:...I was internally delighted that they will force me to wear skirts, does not mean that "they believed" that they were forcing me to wear skirts.

So unbeknownst to those who "made" you wear a skirt, do I take it you had a secret desire to wear one? If you hadn't this desire and had rebelled against it would they have continued, if they had then it would have constituted abuse. If you had such a desire to wear a skirt then why did you not tell your mom about it and ask her to buy you one. 

A very strange thing happened when I was 13. It happened on Mother's Day after supper when Mom and I were washing the dishes. I washed while she dried; quite out of the blue she said, "I think I'll get you some shorts for summer." I just stood there stunned with my hands in hot water. I couldn't say anything I was speechless. Did she mean it or was she kidding. It preyed on my mind for the rest of the evening and the next day for that matter. In my heart of hearts I wanted her to actually buy me a pair.

On the Tuesday while out on my bike I decided to ask her if she meant what she said about getting me some shorts.  So while we were doing the dishes, I asked her. She told me not to be silly as she was joking. I in turn said if she wanted to get me some shorts then I wouldn't have minded. She said shorts were meant to be worn by little boys and me nearing six feet even at 13, I would have looked ridiculous in them. I did get to wear shorts when I served as second mate on an oil tanker. Sailing through the Persian Gulf can be unbearably hot in summer.
It’s funny how different generations view things differently; shorts are of course a right of passage for individuals of all ages and both genders these days (in a warm climate at least) and yet I know certainly my grandparents speak of ‘being put into long trousers). 

The use of skirts and dresses on the other hand seems to have gone the other way, being far less frequently worn by females and (publicly at least) still very seldom by men.

Even I only wear skirts and dresses when presenting as a female.