Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: The 'delights' of a 1950s childhood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=749]

A great many 'delights' of different types of attire experienced, growing up in a female dominated well to do home in the 1950s.. Being the only boy with three bullying older sisters, often absent parents and under the rule of a tyrannical German Nanny. Many 'dressing up' games under the control of older sisters and enthusiastic Nanny. Petticoating, frills and lace and forever reminded of the rubber of infancy with the full baby treatment.
However, between the ages of five and seven years, I would be sent for Summer holiday visits to my strictly religious widowed Aunt and her teenaged daughter. Having to wear the dreaded suspender waist with the long silk stockings beneath a most effeminate Sunday best. But, surely, the 'beach rubbers' were the most humiliating and uncomfortable garments imaginable?

It was no surprise that I had a red rubber sheet on my bed, my Aunt and her daughter being very keen rubber mackintosh wearers. My bathtimes strictly supervised by Aunt and her daughter in long red rubber aprons. The beach rubbers were heavy red rubber dungarees or rompers, with a large bib at the front and wide rubber shoulder straps. These would be strapped up onto me by Aunt, as tightly as was considered my necessary restraint for the day. These rubbers were specially made by the local rubber mackintosh shop, and on my arrival no time was wasted in marching me there to be fitted with a new pair. They were made from a heavy, double proofed highly glossy and strong smelling hospital red rubber like my bedsheet. Shiny inside and out, and with unforgivingly tight elastic in the waist and upper thighs. A long and hot Summer visit to the beach became an increasing ordeal for me over the years. The two different views in the pictures, aged five and seven, plainly show the later utter humiliation. For the first experience of being put into the rubbers, thin cotton knickers were allowed underneath. These did not lessen the effects of being 'rubbered' for a long day out in the hot sun. The garment would be kept on until my bedtime, when Aunt and her daughter would march me up to the bathroom. And at the end of that introduction to rubbers, Aunt stripped the garment off me to reveal that my cotton knickers were soaked. It was caused by the heavy sweating, but Aunt insisted that I had wet myself. I knew better than to protest, but was soon naked over her rubber aproned knees for a sound taste of the heavy wooden hairbrush in any case.
And so, from then on, it was thin and coarse tight nappies for me. This greatly delighted my niece, as she was given the frequent order  by her mother of pulling my rubbers down in public to see if I was wet. Being made to drink copious amounts of fluids at breakfast, as I sat there already dressed in nappies and rubbers, meant that I soon would suffer the added humiliation of wetting myself. This would mean a very public spanking and being kept in wet nappies until bedtime. Having a urine soaked nappy under the rubbers greatly intensified the rubber effect between my legs, and the sand often got under the leg elastic!
I have. as I write, my dear friendly rubber mackintosh shop Weathervain in London currently recreating just such a garment for me. Having obtained a quantity of the authentic red rubber sheet. I shall post some pictures in due course.
J.
This is really interesting so thanks for writing about it. Did your aunt ever explain why you were made to wear 'beach rubbers'? You mentioned being 'rubbered.' Was this how it was referred to rather than dressed? Did your aunt have other rubber clothing for you or was it just for the beach. I have to say that I think rubber wear like this very practical, particularly if you were inclined to wet yourself. When you say they were strapped onto you, do you mean with straps that were part of the rubbers or were put on in addition? Please feel free to PM if you wish to but otherwise I hope you'll be happy to answer in the forum.
I think baby pants used to be called 'rubbers', didn't they?

When I was being punished as a child by being put back into nappies and baby knickers my grandmother used to refer to my baby pants as my 'rubbers', even though they were plastic.
(07-02-2017, 09:27 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]I think baby pants used to be called 'rubbers', didn't they?

When I was being punished as a child by being put back into nappies and baby knickers my grandmother used to refer to my baby pants as my 'rubbers', even though they were plastic.

My sissy boy and I refer to his rubber incontinence pants as rubber knickers and the plastic ones as plastic pants.  He'd never heard the expression rubber knickers before we started petticoating but it's what was used when I was growing up.  I tend to think of them as something that I was made to wear with a skirt, which was more usually the case, and on the long journeys we used to make several times a year to Scotland where I'd be put into two pairs of rubber knickers over a nappy.  I like my sissy boy to wear them as 'overpants', so once he's got his nappy and plastic pants on, sometimes with full cut nylon knickers over the top I like to put him in rubber knickers and tuck his shirt in.  Today he's got on a disposable nappy and plastic pants, but now I've written this post I'm going to make him get his trousers off before he goes to work and put him in rubber overknickers, which is the phrase that's just right now come to mind.  Think I'll give the back of his legs a good smacking with my hairbrush too.  Better rush ....
[attachment=761]
[attachment=760]
[attachment=760]
[attachment=759]
[attachment=759]
(07-02-2017, 07:43 PM)markuk Wrote: [ -> ]This is really interesting so thanks for writing about it.  Did your aunt ever explain why you were made to wear 'beach rubbers'?  You mentioned being 'rubbered.'  Was this how it was referred to rather than dressed?  Did your aunt have other rubber clothing for you or was it just for the beach.  I have to say that I think rubber wear like this very practical, particularly if you were inclined to wet yourself.  When you say they were strapped onto you, do you mean with straps that were part of the rubbers or were put on in addition?  Please feel free to PM if you wish to but otherwise I hope you'll be happy to answer in the forum.
Hi, the beach rubbers were really for the younger children who had not yet learned to swim. Allowing paddling up to the knees, and allowing waterproof protection to clothes underneath. I just knew it as being 'rubbered' as my niece would tease me about being 'rubbered' like her little wetting boy. Other rubber clothing was a hooded rubber mackintosh, and rubber baby pants and knee bloomers. The beach rubbers consisted of roomy type rubber pants with extremely tight and wide elastic in the upper thighs. There was a large rubber bib at the front with wide rubber shoulder straps that buttoned to the front of the bib.
After the incident in the bathroom mentioned previously, a tight towel nappy was always worn under the beach rubbers. I leaned to associate a long and hot day out in public on the beach in the rubbers with a sore bottom. Aunt would always deal with me before dressing me for the day at the seaside. Also, the tight thigh elastic would leave bright red marks on my sore upper thighs when the rubbers were eventually removed at bedtime. A cream would be applied at my nappy change, and then night time rubber knee bloomers would be put onto me.

Aunt would buy her and her daughter's rubber mackintoshes from a local retailer. She would have my rubber garments specially made for me. Always made from the hospital type of glossy red rubber, shiny inside and out. Also with that intense strong rubber smell. Once dressed for the day, it was impossible to escape this overpowering smell and the special noise the garment made when walking. The rubber smell would soon be joined by that of ammonia from my urine.

My final visit to Aunt's was in 1959, soon before I was sent off to a boy's boarding school. I had recently been circumcised by my Nanny's visiting doctor sister, and Nanny had already introduced me to the wearing of tight rubber 'Blakey Rings'. These under a towel nappy and rubber pants all ready for my returning to wetting. These rings had the effect of keeping the genitals thrust well forward, and the penis frequently erect. A great loss of urinary control was another effect of these rings.
My arrival at Aunt's now caused much interest and excitement as I was rushed straight up to the bathroom to be stripped, scrubbed and spanked. Plenty of ointment was now required before It was into a tight nappy and my new beach rubbers. The sight of me at this age in the rubbers caused much amusement among those we met at the beach. I was soon very wet and highly aware of my plainly visible highly aroused state at the front of the beach rubbers.

Pic. A similar garment discovered on the web.
J.

(07-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Sissyjj. Wrote: [ -> ]The rubber 'Blakey Rings', a truly fiendish device for a boy to wear!

(07-02-2017, 07:43 PM)markuk Wrote: [ -> ]This is really interesting so thanks for writing about it.  Did your aunt ever explain why you were made to wear 'beach rubbers'?  You mentioned being 'rubbered.'  Was this how it was referred to rather than dressed?  Did your aunt have other rubber clothing for you or was it just for the beach.  I have to say that I think rubber wear like this very practical, particularly if you were inclined to wet yourself.  When you say they were strapped onto you, do you mean with straps that were part of the rubbers or were put on in addition?  Please feel free to PM if you wish to but otherwise I hope you'll be happy to answer in the forum.
Hi, the beach rubbers were really for the younger children who had not yet learned to swim. Allowing paddling up to the knees, and allowing waterproof protection to clothes underneath. I just knew it as being 'rubbered' as my niece would tease me about being 'rubbered' like her little wetting boy. Other rubber clothing was a hooded rubber mackintosh, and rubber baby pants and knee bloomers. The beach rubbers consisted of roomy type rubber pants with extremely tight and wide elastic in the upper thighs. There was a large rubber bib at the front with wide rubber shoulder straps that buttoned to the front of the bib.
After the incident in the bathroom mentioned previously, a tight towel nappy was always worn under the beach rubbers. I leaned to associate a long and hot day out in public on the beach in the rubbers with a sore bottom. Aunt would always deal with me before dressing me for the day at the seaside. Also, the tight thigh elastic would leave bright red marks on my sore upper thighs when the rubbers were eventually removed at bedtime. A cream would be applied at my nappy change, and then night time rubber knee bloomers would be put onto me.

Aunt would buy her and her daughter's rubber mackintoshes from a local retailer. She would have my rubber garments specially made for me. Always made from the hospital type of glossy red rubber, shiny inside and out. Also with that intense strong rubber smell. Once dressed for the day, it was impossible to escape this overpowering smell and the special noise the garment made when walking. The rubber smell would soon be joined by that of ammonia from my urine.

My final visit to Aunt's was in 1959, soon before I was sent off to a boy's boarding school. I had recently been circumcised by my Nanny's visiting doctor sister, and Nanny had already introduced me to the wearing of tight rubber 'Blakey Rings'. These under a towel nappy and rubber pants all ready for my returning to wetting. These rings had the effect of keeping the genitals thrust well forward, and the penis frequently erect. A great loss of urinary control was another effect of these rings.
My arrival at Aunt's now caused much interest and excitement as I was rushed straight up to the bathroom to be stripped, scrubbed and spanked. Plenty of ointment was now required before It was into a tight nappy and my new beach rubbers. The sight of me at this age in the rubbers caused much amusement among those we met at the beach. I was soon very wet and highly aware of my plainly visible highly aroused state at the front of the beach rubbers.

J.
(07-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Sissyjj. Wrote: [ -> ]

J.

(07-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Sissyjj. Wrote: [ -> ]The rubber 'Blakey Rings', a truly fiendish device for a boy to wear!

J.
I haven't seen one of these since i was a child . I only knew them as posture rings though .
(07-07-2017, 11:59 AM)Bill Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Sissyjj. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bill,
I hadn't heard the rings called 'posture rings' But I guess that is exactly what they are for the genitals. I had Polio when a youngster, and my Nanny used an antique German posture corset on me for 'therapy'. Do tell me more of your memories, by PM if you would prefer?
J.

J.

J.
I haven't  seen one of these since i was a child . I only knew them as posture rings though .
(07-07-2017, 12:17 PM)Sissyjj. Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2017, 11:59 AM)Bill Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Sissyjj. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bill,
I hadn't heard the rings called 'posture rings' But I guess that is exactly what they are for the genitals. I had Polio when a youngster, and my Nanny used an antique German posture corset on me for 'therapy'. Do tell me more of your memories, by PM if you would prefer?
J.

J.

J.
I haven't  seen one of these since i was a child . I only knew them as posture rings though .

Your PM is off .
Hi Sissyjj

The beach rubbers sound amazing.  You must have felt very self conscious to be taken out in them like that.  Rubber knickers were strangely enjoyable to wear from a young age and I rather think that beach rubbers would have been more so.  Did you have to wear rubber knickers under your beach rubbers or was nappy just worn on its own inside them.  You must have been very noticeable at the beach, but at least your aunt would have been able to keep an eye on you.  Did your aunt ever explain why she kept you in beach rubbers?

What happened when you went off to boarding school?  Did you have to wear nappies there?  I've never heard of blakey rings.  Were these used as a punishment and did you have to wear them for long periods.  Though I appreciate that enforced sexual arousal can be enjoyable, I'm sure you must have been very self conscious about it as a child and your trips to the beach must have been very difficult for you.  Was the ointment applied as part of the arousal process?  Were you expected to try and remain aroused?  How easy ws it  to get the blakey rings on and were they painful to wear.  

Apologies for all the questions but I'm fascinated by your upbringiing.
A thousand words are best described with a picture !
So without further to do any photos of:

The rubber 'Blakey Rings', a truly fiendish device for a boy to wear!

I have a vague idea and inspiring imagination about this - photo or diagram Please curtsey and pretty please !
Pages: 1 2