Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: Tom and Jerry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Do you remember that episode of Tom and Jerry where Tom gets forcibly dresses as a baby, in nappies and frilly baby knickers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5x5gatD-Ek

I often wonder how the writer pitched the idea to everyone. How would he or she have said they thought it would be funny to have Tom humiliated in nappies and frillies? Wouldn't someone have questioned where the idea came from?

Do you think the writer may have been a secret sissy baby?
This certainly made an impression on you...I wonder if other members saw things on TV when they were younger that had an influence on them?

Sissy Matthew
It did make an impression on me. The first time I watched it I was wearing a nappy. It made me wonder whether perhaps being put back into nappies was more common than I'd thought.

I did feel sorry for Tom, though, being dressed like that in front of his friends.
I hope it didn't give you false confidence...How humiliating to think it was normal practice based on a cartoon...
I know. But I was so confused then. I thought I was the only boy in the world who got put back into nappies, and then I saw a cartoon with the same thing. I really wanted to talk to my school classmates about it, but I couldn't, in case they asked me why I was so interested in it.
There was a show called the Goodies in the UK in the 70's and one of the guys was treated as a baby and pushed a huge pram, he also would wear school uniforms. We Brits are very open about our kinkiness.
I love those old cartoons they're so fun and silly! bugs bunny dresses up as a girl a lot too.
But I wonder how those dress up scenarios were pitched.

If one of your colleagues came into your work and suggested something to do with a male being dressed as a baby or a girl wouldn't you be at least a little intrigued about how much they knew about it?
(01-07-2017, 10:31 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]But I wonder how those dress up scenarios were pitched.

If one of your colleagues came into your work and suggested something to do with a male being dressed as a baby or a girl wouldn't you be at least a little intrigued about how much they knew about it?

First of all, diaper discipline, especially of young (and not so young) boys was a fairly common practice at the time the Tom and Jerry cartoons were produced -- 1946 through 1954.  It was just one aspect of a widely-accepted child rearing philosophy -- parents needed to humiliate their children to break their spirits.  Yes, people actually seriously believed this was the right way to raise kids, and parents who didn't humiliate their children were usually considered as negligent parents.  

Secondly, cross-dressing has been around since the dawn of history, and was not an unknown practice.  

Thirdly, the people involved in producing Tom & Jerry, along with all the other animated cartoons, were typical Hollywood types, not unlike the myriads of people involved in film and media productions today, more or less in the artistic and intellectual vanguard of civilization, not your typical midwestern graingers, but those who escaped from the confines of Babbitry and those who fled the farm. 

So, in the eternal quest for new and interesting material, the writers and illustrators would often explore the fringes of convention and present that material in a titillating and humorous animation.   Cross-dressing was a frequent theme in Bugs Bunny, for example.  But regardless of what he wore, we all recognized that underneath it all, he was still that "wascally wabbit." 
Interesting points. And of course we still see humorous cross dressing in British pantomimes and think nothing of it.

My own mother still believed in the power of humiliating punishment, and that was in the 80s and 90s.
Pages: 1 2 3 4