Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: Is our sissy behaviour genetically, or socially constructed? Or both!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I suppose this question has been delved into in depth already, so I´m sorry if I`m bringing it up again...

However, I wonder if it is possible for a young person at the age of seven (such as in my case) to be able to grasp the concept of crossdressing from a cultural and/or socially construct, or is there a genetically factor involved?

I suppose many of us were really sensetive and caring already as very young, and as children had an open channel into your own and others emotions/needs? Perhaps we picked up on our emotional needs already at this age, or is there a genetically leaning towards this behaviour? And, if so, is it important?

What do you think?

Best regards/
Martina
I was interested in girls clothing by the age of four and it only got stronger in the following years. By the age of nine I was fixated on girls clothing, particularly fluffy and soft knitwear. I also found myself strongly attracted to female authority figures by this age too. Both helped shape me in fundamental ways that still resonant to this day.
I'm not convinced I was 'born this way' but rather think it came down to the times and environment in which I was raised. Which was 1960s and 70s Australia, with clearly defined roles for boys and girls. I secretly craved to wear girls clothing - it seemed so much prettier and softer and nicer than anything I had to wear as a boy. This, together with a Catholic upbringing and education, melded me. I was taught to be a 'good little Catholic boy' who obeyed authority figures...or else!
But I'm perfectly adjusted these days Wink
(08-12-2021, 10:23 AM)sissysoft Wrote: [ -> ]I was interested in girls clothing by the age of four and it only got stronger in the following years.  By the age of nine I was fixated on girls clothing, particularly fluffy and soft knitwear.  I also found myself strongly attracted to female authority figures by this age too. Both helped shape me in fundamental ways that still resonant to this day.  
I'm not convinced I was 'born this way' but rather think it came down to the times and environment in which I was raised.  Which was 1960s and 70s Australia, with clearly defined roles for boys and girls.  I secretly craved to wear girls clothing - it seemed so much prettier and softer and nicer than anything I had to wear as a boy.  This, together with a Catholic upbringing and education, melded me.  I was taught to be a 'good little Catholic boy' who obeyed authority figures...or else!  
But I'm perfectly adjusted these days Wink

Thanks sissysoft,

Yes, the more you think about the origins of your behaviour, the more memories comes back.. I was totally in love with batwoman when I was 8-9 years old. I did not understand the strong feelings I felt when I watched her tight leather catsuit and whip, but it really aroused me..

Yes, I can see that a dominant mother and an absent father played in to this, but I wonder if I would have become the same submissive sissy without these circumstances, since I was born with a very sensitive and caring mindset! Who knows...

There are probably some research on this, but I think it´s more complicated than we think... and this connects to previous lives (if you´re into to that sort of thing...)

Best regards/
Martina
I don't believe there is an answer. Hindsight tells us what we want to learn or believe. As a 3 year old I was a page boy at my uncle's wedding. I was all dressed up in a white satin suit. It had frilly cuffs. I can still clearly remember being measured and fitted for it. I can remember the after wedding photos and being dressed in that suit. Skip ahead to my teen years. I had girl friends but mixed with the girls at school. So what do I now conclude? I have no idea. But over 40 years later my mother gave me a gift. It was that white satin suit. How did she know how much I liked it? She had kept it all those years. Now I can look back and see little hints of what I was. However there is a twist. I come from a very conservative/redneck family. As a teenager my father called me a pathetic homosexual. Nice!!! 

My conclusion is we are what we are from our genes. But we developed that from how society treats us. For me to transition meant moving 2500 kilometers away from my intolerant family. Now all is fine in my world. I'm fem 98% of the time. And that little white satin suit is a prized possession.

Belinda
Hi,

I'm not sure this is the answer to your question or not bit in my case I went to dance class, ballet, tap character and jazz, from an early age. Unlike most boys in those times I rather liked mixing with the girls and doing to the girlish thing of dance.

I suppose that made it easy for the females in my life, mother, dance teaches, aunts and girlfriends, to transission me to sissyhood. They were able to get me into the same uniform for dance class as the girls, the same costumes as the girls for the competitions and recitals, and eventually into training bras when I reached the age where all the girls wore them and eventually skirts and blouses as normal out of school clothing and even pretty party dress to attend the parties of the girls from dance class and school until I was completely sissified and living fulltime as a female.

Dancer 4 Fun
This is the life we chosed. Therefore, I believe the situation is both genetic and nature/nurture.
I was raised by my older sister. Anne was 13yo than I and deep into Femdom. She feminized me from age 5-18 and I loved it!
The control and feminization all seemed so natural. The servitude of being a sissy slave was very enjoyable.
She dressed me dresses, and girly shoes,and had me play with dolls. When I was 11 she began feminizing me in lingerie,stockings,heels,wigs and make-up. OMG-I was overwhelmed. What I enjoyed most was when she had her female (Femdom) friends at our home.Iwould be completly feminized, and made to serve beverages and snacks.This made me rock hard.
Fast forward to now.I am sub-sissy slave to my wife Rhonda. I love it.Women rule!
Tough question and I suppose in some ways the answer is both, society says males shouldn't be feminine but I don't think that there is a male out there who hasn't tried on feminine clothing at some point and so in that respect we are genetically attracted to feminine things.

In society males have dominated merely through shear strength but as society has advanced and intelligence is better appreciated  females are catching up from their unfair starting position in all areas and as technology advances strength is becoming more and more irrelevant leading to a level playing field.
It's going to be interesting as to how well male intellect can keep up with females especially as we've proved how easily we can be out manoeuvred and manipulated (or should that be femalipulated, lol).

I suppose advanced males like ourselves who readily appreciate feminine things and distance ourselves from macho toxicity are the ones who are genetically programmed to thrive and those who hold onto social programming will advance at a slower pace.

I would say the bigger problem is getting females to abandon the social programming (by males) and accept feminine males as a better future, they already know that they are the superior sex.