Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: Origins of my beliefs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had not intended to post again so soon, and I hope others don't mind another posting from me.   After my earlier postings, I received several mail messages asking me about my own history, and how it is that I came to be a believer in, and supporter of, female supremacy and male feminization -- so I thought it best to answer those requests with another posting here.

My parents were actually quite religious and conservative, my mother very warm and nurturing and a traditional housewife.  My father was not a particularly pleasant man, especially when he drank (which he did quite a bit).   I have one sibling, a brother two years my junior.  However, the person who was most influential in the formation of my beliefs was my lesbian aunt (my mother's older sister).  She lived very close to us when I was young, but then moved to Switzerland when I was 11, where she lived with her female partner.   

What my father cared most about was sports.  I was actually quite a good athlete, although opportunities for girls in sports were limited in those days.  My brother was much less athletic.  And I'm not sure I would have called him really effeminate, but he leaned in that direction.  In sports, he tried, but simply was not very good, which meant he was a huge disappointment to my father, and that was a source of a lot of conflict in our home, between my brother and father and between my parents when my father would berate my brother.  When my aunt lived nearby, she was a source of support for my mother in these conflicts, which also brought my aunt into conflict with my father, especially when my aunt did things to encourage or support any somewhat girlish interests or behaviors of my brother's.  When my brother was six, for example, my aunt gave him a doll for his birthday.  He hadn't asked for it, but was pleased to get it.  My father wasn't pleased (to say the least), but my aunt was adamant that it was OK for boys to have dolls.  On another occasion I remember overhearing my mother and aunt arguing with my father, who was saying that no son of his would be a sissy while my aunt was saying that there was nothing wrong with a boy being a sissy.   Honestly, I think that my aunt's dislike for my father made her more encouraging of my brother being a bit girlish, because my aunt knew that the more effeminate my brother was, the more it displeased my father and drove him crazy.  In fact, when talking with my father, if she had reason to refer to my brother she would usually refer to him as "your sissy son".  As I said -- lots of conflict and drama in my family growing up.

Anyway, the summer after my aunt moved to Switzerland, my brother and I spent the entire summer with her -- and that continued every summer for each of us until we each graduated high school.  The first summer, on our very first night in Switzerland, my aunt and her partner had a talk with my brother (he was 9 at the time) that I was part of, during which they told him that, during our time with them, it was their intent to let him be the sissy they knew that he really was.  My brother got quite flustered when they said that, and protested that he wasn't a sissy -- he just wasn't that good at sports was all.  But my aunt just laughed at that and told him that she was sure that he would enjoy being able to be his true girlish self while we stayed with them.  We were then shown to our rooms -- both of which were painted and decorated and furnished like rooms for girls our age.  So, for example, my brother's bed had pink pastel sheets, and there was a vanity and so on.  And when he opened his dresser he saw that instead of his clothes from home (that had been shipped ahead of time), the dresser and closet were filled with girl's clothes.  My brother asked where his clothes were and my aunt told him that they had been put away -- that for a while at least, these were the clothes he would be wearing.  Because we were so exhausted by this point, all my brother could do at that moment was start to cry and to weakly protest that he wasn't a girl and couldn't wear those clothes, but my aunt basically ignored that and helped him into panties and a nightgown and put him to bed.

The next morning, my brother again begged to be able to wear his own clothes, but my aunt told him that the clothes in his room (panties, skirts, blouses, dresses, girl's sweaters, etc.) now were "his" clothes.  But she also said that if, in one month's time, he didn't want to wear those clothes, he would get his boy's clothes back.  My brother agreed to that "deal".  

Well, I know this has gone on much too long.  So let me more quickly simply note that at the end of a month's time he wanted to continue wearing the girl's clothes that he had been wearing and did not want to change to boy's clothes, and he ended up wearing the girl's clothes, and really living as a girl, that entire summer and every summer he spent in Switzerland after that.  There are other stories about that I could tell of course -- like about the time when my aunt first put him in a bra -- but I'd better try to wrap this up.

So what did I learn from all of this?  Well, there was no question that my brother was happier and more content during those summers in Switzerland than at any other time of the year.  I know it was a terrible strain on him when we were home, as he then had to do his best to be at least somewhat boyish to avoid the wrath of my father and to avoid being teased at school.  Which fits exactly with what my aunt told me one time.  One evening we had a long talk about these things and she said that what I needed to understand was that for many, and perhaps almost all, boys, being boyish is a struggle.  She said that they may not realize it consciously, but they are always feeling stressed to avoid feeling and behaving at all girlish.  As a result, when a boy finds himself in a situation in which he no longer has to maintain a façade of masculinity and can let his inner girl come to the surface (and my aunt said that all boys have an inner girl that they work hard to suppress), they ultimately feel more comfortable and feel an enormous sense of relief, even if the situation is one in which they are to some extent (at least initially) being forced to be girlish.  My aunt also explained that when boys are feminized in this way, they become naturally subservient to what they recognize as the superior sex.

I hope what has become obvious is that what my aunt explained to me, which was what I experienced first- and second-hand while spending summers with my feminized brother in Switzerland, is the attitude I have carried with me throughout the rest of my life.  There is no question in my mind (and I think lots of science bears this out) that females are the superior sex.  And from what I've seen in life, it is best for both sexes if boys are strictly and systematically feminized as they grow up.

Phew.  Sorry again for being so verbose.
What a lovely account. It is interesting the effect that father’s behaviour can have on the evolution of encouraging younger males to embrace femininity. A great part of the reason my mother was so keen on petticoating was because of my own father’s attitudes. 

Similarly, I am glad that your brother was helped to embrace the femininity that lay within him and he is very lucky to have been part of such a family. I too discovered my femininity when forced to dress in womenswear full time though in my case that didn’t come about until the much older age of 18.
Grandma Cheryl, that is a fascinating insight into your family and origins of your beliefs, of which many here appreciate. The initial pushback from your brother while in Switzerland is just to be expected and of course he then loved being feminised. You’re Aunt and partner are very wise.
(01-08-2021, 10:00 PM)Grandma Cheryl Wrote: [ -> ]I had not intended to post again so soon, and I hope others don't mind another posting from me.   After my earlier postings, I received several mail messages asking me about my own history, and how it is that I came to be a believer in, and supporter of, female supremacy and male feminization -- so I thought it best to answer those requests with another posting here.

My parents were actually quite religious and conservative, my mother very warm and nurturing and a traditional housewife.  My father was not a particularly pleasant man, especially when he drank (which he did quite a bit).   I have one sibling, a brother two years my junior.  However, the person who was most influential in the formation of my beliefs was my lesbian aunt (my mother's older sister).  She lived very close to us when I was young, but then moved to Switzerland when I was 11, where she lived with her female partner.   

What my father cared most about was sports.  I was actually quite a good athlete, although opportunities for girls in sports were limited in those days.  My brother was much less athletic.  And I'm not sure I would have called him really effeminate, but he leaned in that direction.  In sports, he tried, but simply was not very good, which meant he was a huge disappointment to my father, and that was a source of a lot of conflict in our home, between my brother and father and between my parents when my father would berate my brother.  When my aunt lived nearby, she was a source of support for my mother in these conflicts, which also brought my aunt into conflict with my father, especially when my aunt did things to encourage or support any somewhat girlish interests or behaviors of my brother's.  When my brother was six, for example, my aunt gave him a doll for his birthday.  He hadn't asked for it, but was pleased to get it.  My father wasn't pleased (to say the least), but my aunt was adamant that it was OK for boys to have dolls.  On another occasion I remember overhearing my mother and aunt arguing with my father, who was saying that no son of his would be a sissy while my aunt was saying that there was nothing wrong with a boy being a sissy.   Honestly, I think that my aunt's dislike for my father made her more encouraging of my brother being a bit girlish, because my aunt knew that the more effeminate my brother was, the more it displeased my father and drove him crazy.  In fact, when talking with my father, if she had reason to refer to my brother she would usually refer to him as "your sissy son".  As I said -- lots of conflict and drama in my family growing up.

Anyway, the summer after my aunt moved to Switzerland, my brother and I spent the entire summer with her -- and that continued every summer for each of us until we each graduated high school.  The first summer, on our very first night in Switzerland, my aunt and her partner had a talk with my brother (he was 9 at the time) that I was part of, during which they told him that, during our time with them, it was their intent to let him be the sissy they knew that he really was.  My brother got quite flustered when they said that, and protested that he wasn't a sissy -- he just wasn't that good at sports was all.  But my aunt just laughed at that and told him that she was sure that he would enjoy being able to be his true girlish self while we stayed with them.  We were then shown to our rooms -- both of which were painted and decorated and furnished like rooms for girls our age.  So, for example, my brother's bed had pink pastel sheets, and there was a vanity and so on.  And when he opened his dresser he saw that instead of his clothes from home (that had been shipped ahead of time), the dresser and closet were filled with girl's clothes.  My brother asked where his clothes were and my aunt told him that they had been put away -- that for a while at least, these were the clothes he would be wearing.  Because we were so exhausted by this point, all my brother could do at that moment was start to cry and to weakly protest that he wasn't a girl and couldn't wear those clothes, but my aunt basically ignored that and helped him into panties and a nightgown and put him to bed.

The next morning, my brother again begged to be able to wear his own clothes, but my aunt told him that the clothes in his room (panties, skirts, blouses, dresses, girl's sweaters, etc.) now were "his" clothes.  But she also said that if, in one month's time, he didn't want to wear those clothes, he would get his boy's clothes back.  My brother agreed to that "deal".  

Well, I know this has gone on much too long.  So let me more quickly simply note that at the end of a month's time he wanted to continue wearing the girl's clothes that he had been wearing and did not want to change to boy's clothes, and he ended up wearing the girl's clothes, and really living as a girl, that entire summer and every summer he spent in Switzerland after that.  There are other stories about that I could tell of course -- like about the time when my aunt first put him in a bra -- but I'd better try to wrap this up.

So what did I learn from all of this?  Well, there was no question that my brother was happier and more content during those summers in Switzerland than at any other time of the year.  I know it was a terrible strain on him when we were home, as he then had to do his best to be at least somewhat boyish to avoid the wrath of my father and to avoid being teased at school.  Which fits exactly with what my aunt told me one time.  One evening we had a long talk about these things and she said that what I needed to understand was that for many, and perhaps almost all, boys, being boyish is a struggle.  She said that they may not realize it consciously, but they are always feeling stressed to avoid feeling and behaving at all girlish.  As a result, when a boy finds himself in a situation in which he no longer has to maintain a façade of masculinity and can let his inner girl come to the surface (and my aunt said that all boys have an inner girl that they work hard to suppress), they ultimately feel more comfortable and feel an enormous sense of relief, even if the situation is one in which they are to some extent (at least initially) being forced to be girlish.  My aunt also explained that when boys are feminized in this way, they become naturally subservient to what they recognize as the superior sex.

I hope what has become obvious is that what my aunt explained to me, which was what I experienced first- and second-hand while spending summers with my feminized brother in Switzerland, is the attitude I have carried with me throughout the rest of my life.  There is no question in my mind (and I think lots of science bears this out) that females are the superior sex.  And from what I've seen in life, it is best for both sexes if boys are strictly and systematically feminized as they grow up.

Phew.  Sorry again for being so verbose.

Thank You so much for this latest post Grandma Cheryl.  As a person that has advocated for male Feminization and the Empowerment of Women and Girls for several decades, what you say is exactly what many males try so hard to deny!   We males have an "Inner Gurl" that struggles inside of us.  Many of us actually realize that Women are truly Superior, and that we should be subservient, but Society tells us that we should be Strong and In Control.  
      You Aunt was, or is, a very Intelligent Woman, and that intelligence has carried over to her niece!   Your brother, although reluctant at first, must have realized that being Feminized was the Best thing that could have happened to him!   I am familiar with several situations where a Strong Lesbian has found a man that was either already feminine, or she feminized him, and now they are married and living basically a Role Reversed Lifestyle, which is what I would Love to see in a decently large percentage in out society!   It takes Strong Women to determine that, and you would know that better than most of us!   I am so happy that you have joined the Forum and are sharing your experiences, it confirms what many of us feel is possible, and should be!  Female Supremacy is a Very Good thing.  Male Feminization is essential in creating a Better, More Peaceful world.  Man and boys need to realize that their contributions need to be to serve Women and to be as Pretty and Feminine as they can be while they are serving!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Patti
Grandma Cheryl, thanks for sharing the details about your aunt and brother. Did your aunt expect you to dress the same as your brother or were you given the freedom to dress as you want? After your time growing up, did your brother continue to dress up? Love hearing how your son inlaw and your grandson are continuing the tradition.
Hi Grandma,

Its fascinating to read the origins of your beliefs - and how they are grounded in your actual life experiences.

I believe it is very true that when a man does not have to adhere to the strict rules of traditional masculinity, he feels a true relief, and can be free to be feminine.

I myself have struggled with this all my life, and it will be a blessed relief when I find a woman whom I can submit to in a very male and feminine way, wearing a pink maid's dress and curtsying, at one point in my future.

It is great to read that your grandson and son in law are adhering to the petticoating philosophy of life. They are lucky men!

I look forward to reading more about your life and your beliefs.

Much love,

Brenda
The best of luck to you on that score, Brenda. It is certainly true that a lot of males do feel pressure to conform to particular values (which is something that I had to contend with when younger, despite the petticoating element in my life) but there is generally a large stream of femininity hidden behind this veneer just waiting to burst forth.
(01-08-2021, 10:08 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: [ -> ]What a lovely account. It is interesting the effect that father’s behaviour can have on the evolution of encouraging younger males to embrace femininity. A great part of the reason my mother was so keen on petticoating was because of my own father’s attitudes. 

Similarly, I am glad that your brother was helped to embrace the femininity that lay within him and he is very lucky to have been part of such a family. I too discovered my femininity when forced to dress in womenswear full time though in my case that didn’t come about until the much older age of 18.

Yes, in my experience, while most males subjected to petticoating protest a great deal at first, over time they become not only more accepting of their treatment but desirous of being petticoated.  They may sometimes engage in some false protest though, even when desiring to be put into panties and dress, perhaps as a way of deluding themselves into thinking that they are not sissies at heart.

I've known quite a number of lesbian couples who have a close relationship with a submissive male whom they have feminized.  It really is a very natural fit and works out well for both the women and the sissy.

(01-09-2021, 10:43 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: [ -> ]Grandma Cheryl, thanks for sharing the details about your aunt and brother. Did your aunt expect you to dress the same as your brother or were you given the freedom to dress as you want? After your time growing up, did your brother continue to dress up? Love hearing how your son inlaw and your grandson are continuing the tradition.

Hi RF

Wonderful to receive a reply from you.  I've really enjoyed reading your postings on this site and on Patti's site.

My aunt permitted me to dress however I wanted, which usually meant jeans and adidas and a shirt or plain blouse.  Even at home, I rarely wore dresses or skirts, and I wore my hair quite short for a girl.  All of that was part of my rebellion against what was at that time the traditional role and look for girls.  My brother, of course, had no choice (not that, after a short time, he really minded wearing panties and very girly dresses or skirts and frilly blouses).

Ultimately, my brother grew up to be about the nicest, sweetest, most gentle, and most respectful-of-women, man you could find.  Even while he was spending his summers living as a girl in Switzerland he didn't dress up as a girl at home (our parents would never have permitted it).  After he left home he might have dressed in private, but not in public (as far as I know).  He did get married, although not until his late 30's when he married a very successful business woman a few years his senior who was his boss.  He had been working as her secretary/administrative assistant, so it was a classic case of the secretary marrying the boss, but in his case the male was the secretary and the female the boss.  After a couple of years of marriage he stopped working outside the home and became a house husband while my sister-in-law continued her career as a business executive.  At that time he did start dressing (or perhaps his wife started dressing him) in panties and dresses and he grew his hair long, so I suppose one might say that he became something like her sissy maid, and there is no question that he can fairly easily "pass" as female these days.

I get along well with his wife, but they live quite far from me so we rarely get to see each other, which is unfortunate.

(01-09-2021, 11:45 PM)Brenda Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Grandma,

Its fascinating to read the origins of your beliefs - and how they are grounded in your actual life experiences.

I believe it is very true that when a man does not have to adhere to the strict rules of traditional masculinity, he feels a true relief, and can be free to be feminine.

Much love,

Brenda

Hi Brenda
Yes, that feeling of relief that many males feel when they are petticoated seems to be quite common.  That's one of the reasons why I become quite impatient with those who claim that it is wrong to forcibly petticoat a boy.  Certainly it is true that many boys feel a deep sense of shame when they are first petticoated, and that intense emotional response probably explains why boys who have been petticoated never forget the details of the first time they were put into panties.  But it is also certainly true that in many, and perhaps most, cases, boys who are repeatedly petticoated, and especially if their petticoating involves not just being put into panties but forced to wear a complete outfit of girl's clothing, and even more so if they are taken out in public while looking like a girl, will feel that sense of deep relief that comes with not having to put of a facade of masculinity.
All in all, it sounds like it has been a resounding success and very much to his benefit.  Smile
Hi Grandma,

Thank you kindly for your response.

I agree that going out in public dressed in feminine attire is the best step in achieving the relief and feeling of freedom that comes with not having to adhere to the strict rules of being obviously masculine.

Although I've never been forced by someone else to dress femininely in public, the times I have forced myself to do so, and truly confront my male fears about being seen as feminine in public, have always been a great relief at the end of the day, when I got home after going about my business but in a dress or skirt, I always said to myself "I did it! Another successful day en femme!" 

Well I need to get back to those times and get over my fears that have built up again about being seen en femme in public. 

I have created a little meme inspired by your beliefs:

[Image: 20210110-221635.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3