Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: Back to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today was my first day back at work since March.

After three months of wearing what I liked I had to wear male clothes today. I've had lots of jobs where I can wear what I like, but unfortunately this isn't one of them. But the money kind of makes up for it. And now isn't the time to be looking for a new job.

It did feel really strange wearing trousers again after so long, but it was nice to see my colleagues again. We went for a socially distanced drink after work to celebrate being back, and that was nice too. I did have knickers on, as I have no male underwear, so that was a small comfort.

But I have to admit that it was nice to get home and change into a dress and stockings.

How's everyone else coping with a return to work, for those of us lucky enough to be doing so?
(07-13-2020, 10:10 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]So today was my first day back at work since March.

After three months of wearing what I liked I had to wear male clothes today. I've had lots of jobs where I can wear what I like, but unfortunately this isn't one of them. But the money kind of makes up for it. And now isn't the time to be looking for a new job.

It did feel really strange wearing trousers again after so long, but it was nice to see my colleagues again. We went for a socially distanced drink after work to celebrate being back, and that was nice too. I did have knickers on, as I have no male underwear, so that was a small comfort.

But I have to admit that it was nice to get home and change into a dress and stockings.

How's everyone else coping with a return to work, for those of us lucky enough to be doing so?
It is such a relief to get back to normality, Ali - on two fronts really.

The first is that after three months under lockdown with my mother, during which time I was dressed as a secretary full time (and had to do totally impractical jobs while decked out in skirts and heels) and having to wear and use nappies full time, I finally gained a degree of autonomy back. While I am still wearing skirts, heels (and even nappies for practical reasons - as a preference to using unhygienic cabin toilets) it is far easier serving drinks and snacks in this gear than trying to mow the lawn or clean the attic and the ability to use the toilet when I want to (rather than having to mess a nappy first) is something that I was at risk of taking for granted prior to lockdown.

The second thing that I have missed (and I didn’t realise quite how much) is the girly banter with my fellow crew members. I realised on the first day back sporting a particularly daring skirt hem, 5 inch stilettos and heavy eye makeup how lucky I am to work in that environment.

Likewise, I hope as many as possible are finding themselves able to get back to something approaching normality.