Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: I used to love looking at all the nappies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I was a school boy 12 years old, I went to a boarding school in East London. My family home was in Kingston upon Thames and this was the 60's. At the beginning of each term I would catch the train to school by myself. I would travel in school boys shorts because I used to love wearing them as well as nappies. I would then sit at the window and count all the nappies fluttering on the clothes line.

This is something I miss so much with the advent of disposable diapers.

I'm in my 60's now and with a mummy here in Thailand. Even though its not perfect, it is a lot better than being alone.

How many others when they were a little boy would look for nappies on the washing line and count them?

(08-31-2016, 03:15 PM)bAByBunnykins Wrote: [ -> ]When I was a school boy 12 years old, I went to a boarding school in East London. My family home was in Kingston upon Thames and this was the 60's. At the beginning of each term I would catch the train to school by myself. I would travel in school boys shorts because I used to love wearing them as well as nappies. I would then sit at the window and count all the nappies fluttering on the clothes line.

This is something I miss so much with the advent of disposable diapers.

I'm in my 60's now and with a mummy here in Thailand. Even though its not perfect, it is a lot better than being alone.

How many others when they were a little boy would look for nappies on the washing line and count them?

For me it was seeing plastic baby pants hanging on washing lines, when I was on a train journey into London I used to love looking at all the washing lines in the back gardens when the train slowed down on the outskirts, just hoping to see plastic baby pants hanging there. If only digital camera's had been about back then in the 60's! There is something so magic about seeing plastic baby pants hanging on washing lines. It was plastic baby pants that I first had a fixation for and led me to being the baby I am now. I only wish I lived somewhere where my garden is not overlooked, then I could hang my nappies and plastic baby pants on the washing line and takes lot's of pictures of them.
Yes i loved watching the nappies blowing in the wind and wished I was wearing them later on
Hihi I'm too young to every have seen that. During my time disposables were already the norm, but I don't mind, I prefer disposables because they're less bulky and have a nice crinkle. If I wear cloth diapers I'm always afraid I'll leak but disposables make me feel protected.
(09-01-2016, 02:18 PM)diaperedByDesign Wrote: [ -> ]Hihi I'm too young to every have seen that. During my time disposables were already the norm, but I don't mind, I prefer disposables because they're less bulky and have a nice crinkle. If I wear cloth diapers I'm always afraid I'll leak but disposables make me feel protected.

Disposables leak far more than cloth, I have been wearing since I was 12 and I am now 62, if the willy is pointed down into the thick fold of the nappy, then it doesn't leak. I go out and about all the time.

Crinkle, plastic pants come in a huge range of different plastics and some are so loud I'm sure you would freak out thinking everyone could hear you. Actually that is just peoples paranoia and people around don't notice unless you wear baby type clothes as well.

Disposables have many disadvantages. 1. They destroy the environment. 2. They are very expensive if you wear all the time. 3. They are uncomfortable once wet and the packing starts moving around. Still if you are brought up in them that then becomes your fantasy. Give me terry square nappies any day.
I remember the shame and humiliation of having my baby knickers hung out on the line. It was bad enough being made to wear them, without having that fact advertised by putting them on the line.
Ah yes, I'm another of a certain age, who remembers traveling by train and looking into peoples back gardens. It was always a thrill to see a line of nappies drying in the breeze … and if there were plastic pants hanging on the line, that was an added bonus. Perhaps those days may return. I'm all for protecting the environment especially if that means hanging out nappies and plastic pants to dry.
I used to look out of train windows, and bus windows as well, but the bus mostly showed the front gardens, the train showed the back, so most of the things I spied were from the train. I always had to make sure my parents didn't see me looking. I am also of the same age, and I remember seeing frilly plastic baby pants in shop windows and wanting to go in and buy them. They were always in the same shop, in the corner of the window display, and there were pink, white and yellow coloured ones. This happened when I was about 6 to 10 yo. I didn't know why, but I so wanted to wear them. They probably wouldn't have fitted me, but I so wanted to try them on.
Yes, I loved seeing the frilly baby panties, especially the ones that went around in a circle on the bottom, they are my favorite ones. I love the idea of wearing them and having them peak out under my baby dress.
I remember that going to school I used to cut through some yards to avoid going the long way around the block. I had permission from the home owners so it was no problem. One of the yards I used to go through had three girls near my own age living there. I will never forget the day I cut through that yard and apparently their mom decided to do some laundry. I was shocked, thrilled and embarrassed to see three full clothes lines of nothing but panties. I didn't count but there had to be 60 pair hanging there. They were pretty plain little girl briefs in pastel colours and I stopped and just stared. I was awestruck and I'm sure I blushed the whole time. I'm not sure how long I stared but at least I didn't get caught, but I was late for school. Well worth the detention I got.
Pages: 1 2