Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: second therapy session
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
today  I had my 2nd therapy sessiion with the same therapist, this time I took my pink tomee tippee  dummy and pink baby dummy clip with me and used it a lot of the time, I asked the therapist did she think it strange that an adult is still using a dummy? she replied No, if that is what helps you then its fine.   during the session she noticed a spider dangling from the ceiling behind me, only a small spider, I looked round and saw it and moved my chair away from  where it was hanging from, the therapist asked me Don't you like spiders? I said no not really. 

I had my nappy on and pink plastic pants  and a shortish tee shirt, I noticed my bum looked big from the reflection I saw from my shiney car, so I expect she must have seen it to, she showed me a letter she had written to my Gp. it said ian came to the assessment and sessions with a dummy and she was okay with me doing it, ive looked at my medical records online and its showing the doctor has sent me a letter yesterday, does not say what the letter is about. watch this space. I'm back at the therapists place in ten days time
Ian,
It sounds like you have a very safe place to be with your therapist. I believe she is hoping you open up more, but at your own pace.
Again, I have to say CBT is a great method for dealing with thoughts and feelings.
Good luck! Heart
(05-05-2018, 12:10 AM)BabyWawwy Wrote: [ -> ]Ian,
It sounds like you have a very safe place to be with your therapist. I believe she is hoping you open up more, but at your own pace.
Again, I have to say CBT is a great method for dealing with thoughts and feelings.
Good luck! Heart

next session I'm taking a yellow dummy with yellow dummy clip, I have copy of her letter to my gp, saying ian comes to sessions with a dummy as he feels ,  it helps him  I'm just glad she isn't horrible and so far hasn't asked me to try to give it up, during our session yesterday, she went over to her computer on the desk about 6 feet away from where I was sitting, I got up, and had dummy in my mouth with pink dummy clip dangling loosely, and walked over to her, she didn't say sit down or anything, its hard to describe how I felt,  I suppose it was like a little baby going over to his mummy (for comfort, safety) if u see what I'm trying to say
for my next therapy session

heres what normally happens at sessions

I enter main door and go to reception to check in, then go to waiting area, small space one long seat, cushioned enough spaces for 4 people, its never busy when ive been there, waiting area is in clear view of receptionist, suck my dummy if no other clients there, but of there is, then I use it discreetly

I wait for therapist to come and get me
we walk to room we are going to use, and i have dummy in mouth, and she says ok ian go in and sit down, she is always last to come in and sit down in chairs, opposite me

then we talk

next session next week I'm going to sit on floor and see what she says, I have some colouring drawings I got from macdonalds today and I'm going to color them in when I'm sitting on floor

I might have teddy or monkey cuddley toy with me

my excuse for all that will be I had a bad week since last seeing her and this is the way I want to use to calm myself down