Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: therapy session
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to my first CBT therapy session today, with a female I never met before, I did pre warn them I would bring a dummy  and that I regress to a baby to cope with my anxiety.

The female therapist was kind and understanding, I used my white  dummy with my name Baby Ian printed on it with a dummy clip which reads Baby Ian's Dummy

I used it about 12 times throughout the hour session, I was half expecting her to say something, but no, she was kind and didn't mind me using it, she said I could use it if it helped, I have another session on Friday, I told her I have different colours including pink, which is what I will be taking on Friday.

she was very kind and understanding, I didn't dare tell her I had a nappy and pink plastic pants on though, although I did sprinkle baby powder on before I went to see her.
(04-30-2018, 04:15 PM)babyian Wrote: [ -> ]I went to my first CBT therapy session today, with a female I never met before, I did pre warn them I would bring a dummy  and that I regress to a baby to cope with my anxiety.

The female therapist was kind and understanding, I used my white  dummy with my name Baby Ian printed on it with a dummy clip which reads Baby Ian's Dummy

I used it about 12 times throughout the hour session, I was half expecting her to say something, but no, she was kind and didn't mind me using it, she said I could use it if it helped, I have another session on Friday, I told her I have different colours including pink, which is what I will be taking on Friday.

she was very kind and understanding, I didn't dare tell her I had a nappy and pink plastic pants on though, although I did sprinkle baby powder on before I went to see her.

You really SHOULD consider sharing your interests in nappies and plastic panties with her at some point, sooner rather than later.  She already knows you as "Baby Ian" now, so it won't make much of a difference.  And her attitude towards them would undoubtedly the same as towards your pacifier -- she won't really care.  Letting her help you explore the feelings associated with your nappy-wearing would undoubtedly be tonic.  She's not about to scold you, be aghast, or otherwise negatively reactive about them.  
(04-30-2018, 07:53 PM)mikki Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2018, 04:15 PM)babyian Wrote: [ -> ]I went to my first CBT therapy session today, with a female I never met before, I did pre warn them I would bring a dummy  and that I regress to a baby to cope with my anxiety.

I did drop a note in a few days before my session saying I use nappies, bibs, dummies, bottles, now I know she is comfortable with my dummies, I will take my pink one next time, Friday and a bottle with juice in it, will say io have a dry mouth
You really SHOULD consider sharing your interests in nappies and plastic panties with her at some point, sooner rather than later.  She already knows you as "Baby Ian" now, so it won't make much of a difference.  And her attitude towards them would undoubtedly the same as towards your pacifier -- she won't really care.  Letting her help you explore the feelings associated with your nappy-wearing would undoubtedly be tonic.  She's not about to scold you, be aghast, or otherwise negatively reactive about them.  
The sooner you open up about ALL of your baby activities the better for the therapist to get to the bottom of what makes
you tick and make your comfortable with that. You may feel guilt and a whole arrangement of emotions - the sooner these
are out in the open steps can be made to foster your possible regressive issues in a positive way.
You would like that wouldn't you ?
(05-01-2018, 12:53 AM)BABYLOCK Wrote: [ -> ]The sooner you open up about ALL of your baby activities the better for the therapist to get to the bottom of what makes
you tick and make your comfortable with that. You may feel guilt and a whole arrangement of emotions - the sooner these
are out in the open steps can be made to foster your possible regressive issues in a positive way.
You would like that wouldn't you ?

of course xx
BabyIan,
I have had CBT therapy, and it worked miracles for me. I learned about all the cognitive distortions I had (generalizing, personalizing) and how it worsened my depression/anxiety. By recognizing all of this, moment by moment, and applying the technique, it changed my mind, improved my thinking tremendously.
I am stressed less often, and am able to see life on its own terms.
Sure, I bed-wet, and wear diapers, but it isn't the end of the world.
Hey, I hope it works out well for you!