Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: does your doctor know
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i went to my psychiatrist yesterday for assessement, I was referred there after meeting with other healthcare professionals, as I have panic attacks etc, he was talking to me and in the course of the conversation he asked if I had a dummy with me, (the first healthcare person I saw a few months ago noticed I had a dummy with me and she obviously must have put it in my notes for the psychiatrist)

I said yes I have a dummy with me, he asked me how often do I use it, so I said every day indoors and sometimes when I'm driving.

he then asked me if I have baby bottles and who fills them for me, I said yes I have baby bottles and I fill them myself

he then said (bear in mind I'm in the UK) he said do I wear diapers, and when was the last time I wore one, I said yes I do wear them along with plastic pants ontop, and I had one on there and then.

he mentioned the word diapers a few times, not nappies as they are known here, he then asked me do I have any BABY powder, and I said I use Johnsons Baby powder

he asked why???

so I said its all a comfort thing for me as I don't smoke, don't drink, don't gamble, don't do drugs.

in the room with me and him was an advocate, a female, she didn't know until then, about my baby side. but she does now.

he went on to explain to her that there was something called Adult Baby Syndrome, he must have been on the internet looking it up before I went in, he must have obviously been looking at the American versions as he used the words diapers and not nappies.

he went to explain that he heard of someone aged over 60 who was an adult baby in every sense, he told the advocate in the room he didn't think I was one of them but  did recognise why I resort to the baby things.  little did he know I have a Mothercare Highchair that I fit into.

he said he would write to my Gp as he felt he had to, telling her that I have the Baby life and why. and that theres nowt to worry about , so in a few days she will know about Baby Ian.   in a way that helps make it easier for me to go there in a nappy from now on Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile , knowing that she knows.
(04-21-2018, 05:33 AM)babyian Wrote: [ -> ]i went to my psychiatrist yesterday for assessement, I was referred there after meeting with other healthcare professionals, as I have panic attacks etc, he was talking to me and in the course of the conversation he asked if I had a dummy with me, (the first healthcare person I saw a few months ago noticed I had a dummy with me and she obviously must have put it in my notes for the psychiatrist)

I said yes I have a dummy with me, he asked me how often do I use it, so I said every day indoors and sometimes when I'm driving.

he then asked me if I have baby bottles and who fills them for me, I said yes I have baby bottles and I fill them myself

he then said (bear in mind I'm in the UK) he said do I wear diapers, and when was the last time I wore one, I said yes I do wear them along with plastic pants ontop, and I had one on there and then.

he mentioned the word diapers a few times, not nappies as they are known here, he then asked me do I have any BABY powder, and I said I use Johnsons Baby powder

he asked why???

so I said its all a comfort thing for me as I don't smoke, don't drink, don't gamble, don't do drugs.

in the room with me and him was an advocate, a female, she didn't know until then, about my baby side. but she does now.

he went on to explain to her that there was something called Adult Baby Syndrome, he must have been on the internet looking it up before I went in, he must have obviously been looking at the American versions as he used the words diapers and not nappies.

he went to explain that he heard of someone aged over 60 who was an adult baby in every sense, he told the advocate in the room he didn't think I was one of them but  did recognise why I resort to the baby things.  little did he know I have a Mothercare Highchair that I fit into.

he said he would write to my Gp as he felt he had to, telling her that I have the Baby life and why. and that theres nowt to worry about , so in a few days she will know about Baby Ian.   in a way that helps make it easier for me to go there in a nappy from now on Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile , knowing that she knows.
It's good that you can go to your doctor knowing that you don't have to hide anything . Maybe you will be less stressed when visiting her in future knowing that she knows your coping mechanisms . Also having someone non judgmental to tell your feelings and just generaly share with will help as well .
(04-21-2018, 08:21 AM)Bill Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2018, 05:33 AM)babyian Wrote: [ -> ]i went to my psychiatrist yesterday for assessement, I was referred there after meeting with other healthcare professionals, as I have panic attacks etc, he was talking to me and in the course of the conversation he asked if I had a dummy with me, (the first healthcare person I saw a few months ago noticed I had a dummy with me and she obviously must have put it in my notes for the psychiatrist)

he asked why???

It's good that you can go to your doctor knowing that you don't have to hide anything . Maybe you will be less stressed when visiting her in future knowing that she knows your coping mechanisms . Also having someone non judgmental to tell your feelings and just generaly share with will help as well .

the psychiatrist said he will see me in around 6 months time for check up, probably  to see if I'm using dummies etc , I will be seeing a therapist (I think female) for a few talking therapy sessions not sure how many, but I will make them extend them for as many weeks as I can, however I don't know if (when the psychiatrist referred me to her) I don't know if he told her about the baby side of me, I would imagine he has because he is writing to my GP, and letting me have a copy of the letter, I have to pick it up from my Gp surgery when he has done it, as I didn't want it being sent to my home incase postman puts it through wrong letter box.
I'm off to see my doctor this week, its the first time I been to see her since psychiatrist wrote to her and said about my baby things, will have to be nappied and with dummy too