Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: "Boys should be treated more like girls"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think there may be one important aspect they've missed in this article. One which might help the boy concentrate better on his studies and not go off trouble-making with his mates...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/201...ling-behi/
(07-18-2016, 01:29 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]I think there may be one important aspect they've missed in this article. One which might help the boy concentrate better on his studies and not go off trouble-making with his mates...

A fascinating and thought-provoking article. It's both an adjunct and a challenge to the assumptions behind the use of petticoat discipline.

I've often thought teaching and inculcating more traditionally feminine attitudes and behaviors would do more to calm boys than petticoating.
Boys shopuld be treated the same as girls. I believe when a boy comes home from school he should be dressed in a dress or skirt outfit until he completes his assigned homework and household chores. When I was a boy I did my chores in a dress and did the same for my homework. Before I could change mom would always double check my work. It helped my grades immensely. During the winter months I just stayed dressed as a girl. If I had to go out mom would have me put on a pair of ribbed tights.
Tights are also for boys, baby boys wear them so should older boys.
(07-18-2016, 05:22 PM)melodie Wrote: [ -> ]Boys shopuld be treated the same as girls.  I believe when a boy comes home from school he should be dressed in a dress or skirt outfit until he completes his assigned homework and household chores.  When I was a boy I did my chores in a dress and did the same for my homework.  Before I could change mom would always double check my work.  It helped my grades immensely.  During the winter months I just stayed dressed as a girl.  If I had to go out mom would have me put on a pair of ribbed tights.
Tights are also for boys, baby boys wear them so should older boys.

Melodie, you mother was smart and understood the benefits of petticoating. Boys kept in skirts at home will not go wondering off and getting in trouble with other bratty boys.

RF

(07-18-2016, 01:29 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]I think there may be one important aspect they've missed in this article. One which might help the boy concentrate better on his studies and not go off trouble-making with his mates...

Good Article, thanks for sharing we need more articles like this to prompt our feminist agenda. The next step is convincing schools to adopt a new uniform. If boys were required to wear cute little pleated skirts and blouses to school they be more focus on their studies instead of getting into trouble. Things are changing and articles like this are a good step to push things along.

RF
Sugar and spice and everything nice!

Quote:They should also read more story books to boys and reward them with stickers or hugs to boost their concentration.
The article is talking about 5 year olds.  I wonder if this kind of treatment might avert the need for corporal punishment so many of us require who were raised on snakes and snails and puppy dog tails?
(07-19-2016, 06:11 PM)Sissy Renee Wrote: [ -> ]Sugar and spice and everything nice!

Quote:They should also read more story books to boys and reward them with stickers or hugs to boost their concentration.
The article is talking about 5 year olds.  I wonder if this kind of treatment might avert the need for corporal punishment so many of us require who were raised on snakes and snails and puppy dog tails?
My ideally school would include all boys between age 4 to 15. Skirted uniforms would be required, along with ballet classes and doll time replacing gym classes and recess. Girls would be given the choose to wear pants or skirts, play sports or ballet. IMHO it would not be long until only the boys are wearing skirts and taking ballet, all the girls will be playing sports and wearing the pants.

RF
(07-19-2016, 06:50 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2016, 06:11 PM)Sissy Renee Wrote: [ -> ]Sugar and spice and everything nice!

My ideally school would include all boys between age 4 to 15. Skirted uniforms would be required, along with ballet classes and doll time replacing gym classes and recess. Girls would be given the choose to wear pants or skirts, play sports or ballet. IMHO it would not be long until only the boys are wearing skirts and taking ballet, all the girls will be playing sports and wearing the pants.

RF
How about cheerleading, gymnastics, synchronized swimming, and figure skating?  All have appropriate uniforms for us.
I do agree that boys and girls should be in the same uniform, it is already being done in some foreign countries. In parts of Indonesia and other eastern countries boys wear skirts or jumpers to school ( I have pictures to prove this). I also believe boys should be taught to play with dolls not just action figures. We teach girls to be mothers this way and boys need to be taught to become loving caring fathers. I bought all my nephews and nieces dolls from Cabbage Patch dolls to anatomically correct baby dolls. Both of my nephews grew up playing with them and take very good care of the sons and daughters.
We need to remove the wedge that separates the genders. Women gained the separation during WW2 when they went to work in the factories. To tell a woman today she cannot wear pants would get a lot of guys in trouble with their wives and girlfriends and probably cut off sexually. Allowing boys to werar dresses and skirts would bring men and boys a better freedom of choices just as women enjoy today.
I would so love to see it understood that boys in our modern society would be educated in the same manner as our girls are. At all levels from all parent and authority. In all of the examples given, including uniforms or other types of attire. And I don't want a lot of it patterned after male or patriarcle influences. If femininity strength and a social concours is to be great for girls, then it is also great for boys.
I always felt girls were at a disadvantage to boys, having to wear skirts to school while boys wore trousers.

First of all it meant that boys could lift up the girls' skirts to reveal their underwear. It somehow seemed acceptable (although it obviously isn't), whereas if a girl had tugged down a boy's trousers there would have been uproar.

Secondly, girls had to play different games to boys at playtime - they couldn't climb trees or engage in other rough and tumble, again for fear of revealing their knickers.

If boys had had to wear skirts too, especially with panties underneath, it would have evened things up and been much fairer.

Personally, as a boy who wasn't particularly tough at school, I would have much preferred to wear a skirt.

And not just that time when some of the school bullies took me into the gym changing room and stole my trousers, before handing me a gym skirt to put on.
Pages: 1 2 3