Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum

Full Version: "Boys should be treated more like girls"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My understanding that the traditional evolution for male was: dress, baby; shorts, youngster; "knickers" or shorts below the knee with knee socks; and finally being "put into trousers." It is also my understanding that this originated with the price of material, as you see most eighteenth century men still wearing "knickers."

Girlygirl

(02-23-2020, 11:28 PM)GinaV Wrote: [ -> ]My understanding that the traditional evolution for male was: dress, baby; shorts, youngster; "knickers" or shorts below the knee with knee socks; and finally being "put into trousers." It is also my understanding that this originated with the price of material, as you see most eighteenth century men still wearing "knickers."

Indeed, Gina. The reason they were started out in dresses was to make nappy changes easier. I even heard it said the centuries long practise of keeping girls and women in skirts and dresses was borne out of some sort of societal infantilism.
When I was made to wear a dress or skirt over my nappy as a child my mother sometimes said it was to make checking and changing my nappy easier.

Funny how things come full circle.
My mother insisted I wore shorts to boarding school a year later than everyone else. As I had started growing, they became very tight. To help me out of my misery, my sister (one year younger than me, but more grown up) lent me a pair of her trousers. Trouble is they were a very feminine cut.

So I had the humiliating choice of girls trousers or boys too tight shorts.

I wore the trousers.
Pages: 1 2 3